There will come a time again when our cafes can reopen their door and we can enjoy coffee and cake or a lazy lunch out with friends once more. And to be ready for that long-awaited announcement, The Water Lily Café is looking for volunteers to join its friendly team when it reopens after lockdown.
Our community café is based on Barrack Road and all the proceeds from the café go to supporting The Water Lily Project, a charity supporting vulnerable women in Christchurch and the surrounding area.
As well as value-for-money, excellent home-cooked food, the café also provides a safe space for all members of the community to enjoy. Activities include Chatty Tables to help bring people together to eliminate loneliness. Chatterbox is a multi-generational initiative which brings elderly and toddlers together for companionship.
The Water Lily Café is on the look-out for:
- Volunteer cooks – are you a kitchen king or queen with a few hours a week to spare?
- Volunteer cake makers – are you a budding Mary Berry who could rustle up a few home-made cakes for the café (ingredients supplied)
- Volunteer cleaners – are you a dab hand with a duster, a mover with a mop?
- Volunteer gardener- could you lend your green-fingers to The Water Lily patio areas and tend our pretty planters?
- Volunteer window cleaner – just once a month we need someone to make our café windows sparkle afresh.
Liz Carter, manager of The Water Lily Project said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who thinks they may have the right skills for our community café and is willing to give up some time to support our charity in this way. By recruiting now, we will be able to open our doors after lockdown with even more volunteers.”
If you think you can help us by volunteering, email Liz Carter email@example.com