Thanks to an award from Postcode Local Trust, a grant-giving charity funded entirely by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, our charity has been helping to support vulnerable women and children by working alongside Relate Bournemouth, Poole & Christchurch to provide professional counselling services. Here’s what some had to say about how counselling has made such a difference to them:
– Counselling has given me so much insight of my own character and why I choose abusive partners.
– Counselling has taught me that I am a woman of value. I deserve a happy life, this has been fundamental in my recovery.
-Counselling was helpful to look at family dynamics and alternative ways of relating including self-care.
– I appreciated support and encouragement as I faced serious family issues including bereavement.
– I found fresh confidence to face the outside world and tackle anxiety around my children.
– I appreciated a regular space to have my anxieties and concerns listened to as I lived through a major transition.
#counselling #grant #charity #relate #relationships #mentalhealth #womensmentalhealth #childrendsmentalhealth