What We Do
The Water Lily Project is a registered Christian charity that predominantly supports vulnerable women in crisis. This may be a temporary crisis such as an acrimonious divorce, bereavement, illness etc. Or it could be something more long term such as mental health issues, self-harming, domestic violence and abuse, addiction or financial difficulties.
Our aims for all our beneficiaries is to:
- provide a friendly and loving environment where women feel safe and protected
- give women the freedom to be themselves
- give women space to heal and grow
- give FREE support in a non-judgmental surrounding
Our objective is to help lead women back into independent living.
On a secondary level WLP supports the local community at Bailey’s Cafe where we operate out of.
Through various projects we can reach the homeless, lonely, elderly and isolated. These projects are for men and women and include:
- Elderly lunch club every Tuesday – 2 course set meal for £5
- Chatty Tables every Wednesday 10:30-11:30am for anyone who would like to meet new people and make friends
- Art Therapy Course – every Friday (biweekly) mainly aimed at people with mental health issues. Please call Penny Priest on: 01202 485770
- Various other projects – see our Events page for the latest information
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
If you would like to find out more about The Waterlily Project and/or get involved, please contact us and we will be happy to chat at any time.