We would like to reassure the public that during this time of uncertainty, the Water Lily Project is continuing to give essential 1:1 support to women in need via the phone and online platforms. The government reporting a rise of 25% in Domestic Abuse cases due to the recent lockdown and we are already becoming aware of this from women in our care.
If you are struggling and need support then please call: 07946 312997 (Monday or Thursday (leave message)) or 07507 890116 (Tuesday, Wednesday (leave message) and Friday) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need help with food or essential items, please call: 0300 1237052
For a list of local support and advice, please go to: https://www.christchurchcommunitypartnership.org.uk/
Current services we are able to provide:
- FREE 121 support with a support worker – 12 month program where we get alongside each beneficiary and use Individual Support Plans to help them back to independent living
- Thursday Zoom sessions for craft/chat
- Shopping delivered if needed
- Craft/Card packs delivered to door to help occupy mind during lock down
- Companion Calls with one of our volunteers
- Monthly Cafe Church Zoom
- Monthly book club Zoom
The following services will resume once we have been advised we are able to:
- We provide FREE 1:1 support to our women. Sessions last from 30-45 minutes.
- We provide FREE weekly lunch from the cafe
- We signpost to various organisations/counsellors
- We offer training on site in both our cafe and IT room. This may include training in Food/Hygiene certificate, help with CV writing etc.
- We offer a befriending service where befrienders get alongside our women, providing a listening ear and or helping with practical issues, such as escorting our beneficiaries to court, taking them to the Foodbank etc.
We offer FREE enrollment to any projects/training that we are currently running e.g. Craft courses, Sewing courses, Art therapy etc.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
If you would like to find out more about The Waterlily Project and/or get involved, please contact us and we will be happy to chat at any time.